TMG Construction had a great year in 2017 and we are excited that 2018 looks like it will be even better!
To celebrate the upcoming New Year, here is a look back at some of the highlights of 2017:
TMG is growing! In 2017, we added 17 new professionals to the company. These include:
- Michael Lohmann – Estimator
- Moose Hamid – Director of Corporate Safety
- Efren Ramirez – Carpenter
- Salvador Gonzalez – Carpenter
- Alex Bond – Construction Intern
- Chris Pilarcik – Superintendent II
- Trina Freeman – Office Manager
- Harley Kusse – Construction Engineer I
- Kevin Morfin – Construction Engineer I
- Chasitie LaRue – Office Manager
- Philip Park – Assistant Project Manager
- Kevin Shewbridge – Assistant Superintendent
- Connor Ashton – Construction Intern
- Damian Rivas Rivas – Superintendent I
- Erin Woods – Project Manager I
- Efrain Lopez – Lead Carpenter
- Marcela Chamorro – Project Accountant
Three former employees also returned to TMG:
- Taylor Vogel – Superintendent II
- Larry Ansell – Operator II
- Jose Cruz Castro – Operator I
We missed them while they were gone – and thankfully they missed us too!
Thanks to their hard work and dedication to a job well done, several TMGers moved up the ranks in 2017 – a total of 11 employees received well-deserved promotions. These include:
- Rhonda Benikas to Controller
- Rusty Cook to Chief Financial Officer
- Dave Sarmiento to Project Controller
- Dave Bruns to IT Manager
- Keri Holdorf to Marketing Coordinator
- Morgan Yam to Project Manager I
- Mohamed Askar to Assistant Project Manager
- Richard Morrison to Construction Engineer II
- Abhijeet Deshmukh to Assistant Project Manager
- Pat Double to Assistant Superintendent
- Erin Woods to Project Manager I
New Projects and Contracts:
TMG couldn’t grow without being awarded exceptional projects and contracts. 2017 was a fruitful year of new projects and contracts including Osbourn High School Concessions Stand and Ball Fields, Scott Jenkins Memorial Park Phase II Expansion, the Prince William Andrew Leith Kiddie Pool Renovation, the Arlington Central Library Renovation, several projects for Loudoun County Public Schools, Arlington County Public Schools, Prince George’s County Public Schools, DC Housing Authority, Fairfax Housing, Prince William County, Montgomery County, as well as brand new IDIQ contracts with WMATA, the US Postal Service, NJPA, and Fairfax County.
In 2017, several employees expanded their skill set and education through professional certifications. Abhijeet Deshmukh and Erin Woods earned their Associate Constructor Certification from the American Institute of Constructors. Harley Kusse, Kevin Morfin, and Kevin Shewbridge all received their certificate for Construction Quality Management for Contractors from USACE/NAVFAC. William Parker, Ryan Keys, Richard Morrison, and Abhijeet Deshmukh all received their OSHA 30 Certification.
Congratulations to everyone at TMG for making 2017 a great year!